(WWLP) – Massachusetts State Police released its 2019 year in review on Wednesday.
In the review, State Police said the department has solved 79 out of 86 homicides in Massachusetts. The Gang Unit also arrested over 800 people, with more than 100 arrests made for illegally owned guns.
The following are statistics released by the force from every department:
- Massachusetts State Police solved 79 of the year’s 86 homicides
- The Gang Unit arrested 806 people, seizing over 100 illegally owned guns
- The Fire/Explosion Division investigated 416 incidents
- Road Patrols made over 13,000 arrests, including 4,000 OUI’s
- The Special Tactical Operations Team engaged in 236 “high-risk” missions
- Police Dog Units responded to nearly 3,000 calls
- State Police Air Wing flew over 1,500 missions