EAST BRIDGEWATER, Mass. (WWLP) – The Massachusetts State Police conducted an investigation after a crew from a paranormal investigation television show detected human remains under the floor of an unfinished basement.
According to the Massachusetts State Police, members of the State Police Special Emergency Response Team (SERT) excavated part of an unfinished basement of a three-story building after a cadaver dog (human-remains detection dog) and ground penetrating sonar from a paranormal investigation team detected an anomaly underground.
On April 29, Troopers from the State Police Special Emergency Response Team excavated several feet down in the ground and found no human remains. SERT did find a large amount of groundwater that was later determined by a private ground radar contractor that the flowing groundwater most likely caused the detection of human remains.
Massachusetts State Police included the report in their week in review. Additionally the State Police made the following reports:
- Violent Fugitive Apprehension Section: 41 arrests
- Gang Unit: 12 arrests
- Bomb Squad: 33 missions
- Fire/Explosion Investigation Unit: 11 missions
- Collision Analysis and Reconstruction Section: initiated 11 new crash reconstructions
- Marine Unit: 42 missions
- Cyber Crime Unit: 10 investigations
- Barracks Patrols: 58 OUI arrests, 33 drug arrests, 7 arrests for unlawful firearm possession, 631 responses to crashes, 8,697 calls for service