Patriots’ Day is a Massachusetts state holiday, which is held on the third Monday of April to commemorate the 1775 battles of Lexington and Concord, which began the American Revolution.
It is not a federally-recognized holiday, and as such, many services that are typically unavailable on holidays are available on Patriots’ Day.
- Banks: Most open
- Courts: Closed
- Federal Offices: Open
- Libraries: Most closed
- Malls: Open regular hours
- Municipal Offices: Closed
- Post Office: Open, mail delivery as scheduled
- Public Transit: See below for changes
- Registry of Motor Vehicles: Closed
- Restaurants: Open
- Retail Stores: Open
- State Offices: Closed
- Stock Market: Open
Public Transit Services:
- BRTA: Full weekday service
- FRTA: No service, John W. Olver Transit Center closed for holiday
- PVTA: Most routes running as normal, with a few exceptions. Click here for changes.