(WWLP) – Several local police departments are warning residents to not abbreviate the year 2020 when signing legal documents this new year.
In a Facebook post, the East Millinocket Police Department of Maine said, “When signing and dating a legal document, do not use 20 as the year 2020.”
The reason? Police say, “March 3, 2020, being written as 3/3/20 could be modified to 3/3/2017.”
Since their post, police departments in Whately and Pelham have shared it, advising their residents to not make that mistake in order to avoid problems like scams.
- 72nd Emmy Awards: The Winners
- UPDATE: Lafayette couple among four killed in Sunday plane crash near Waco, Texas
- Protecting Yourself While Working From Home
- Easthampton Health Department to host drive-thru flu clinic
- Video shows woman attacking members of California tribe protesting border wall