Calling hours were held Tuesday evening for the Yarmouth police officer who died in the line of duty last week.
Fallen Yarmouth K9 Officer Sean Gannon was escorted from a funeral home in Hyannis to the Saint Pius X Catholic Church in South Yarmouth, where his wake will be held from 4:00 to 8:00 p.m.
Yarmouth police are asking people to line the streets of the escort route wearing blue. It will travel:
• Left on West Main Street to West End Rotary
• Right at Rotary to South Street
• Left at Lewis Road passing Cape Cod Hospital
• Right on East Main Street
• Route 28 in West Yarmouth all along Route 28 to North Main Street in South Yarmouth at Bass River Bridge
• Left on North Main Street
• Left on to Station Avenue to St. Pius Church
A funeral Mass will be held at the church Wednesday morning at 11. The burial will be private.
Gannon was shot and killed on April 12 while serving a warrant. His K9 partner Nero was also injured in the incident, but is recovering after emergency surgery.
Gannon was a 2007 graduate of Westfield State University, and joined the Yarmouth Police Department in 2010.
The man charged in Gannon’s death is being held without bail.
Members of the Easthampton police department left Tuesday afternoon to attend the wake.