SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – Beginning on Thursday, March 19th, Stop & Shop will be allowing customers 60-years-old and older to shop early.
The grocery store will open for older customers from 6 a.m. to 7:30 a.m.
Stop & Shop also announced recently they would be changing their hours to allow more time for restocking and to better serve their customers.
You do not have to show ID either. We spoke with a woman who was grocery shopping for her elderly mother Monday evening.
“When it’s that early in the morning, the crowd is going to work. Whereas they’re retired they can get in there before the crowds come in,” said Angela from Westfield. “I think it’s a great idea.”
The store will allow the rest of their customers in from 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
MAP: Interactive Coronavirus Cases
LINKS: Cornavirus Information
- Information on the Outbreak of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- CDC: Coronavirus Disease 2019
- Cases, quarantine and monitoring
- Prevention and treatment
- Preparation in Massachusetts
- Travel information
- Guidance and recommendations
- Frequently asked questions
- Printable fact sheets
- Infectious disease emergencies (617) 983-6800