Sutton firefighters warning people to check, clean out dryer vents

Dryer fire_1549206647824.jpg.jpg

Firefighters in Sutton are warning people about the dangers of dryer fires.

According to the Sutton Fire Department, firefighters were called a fire in a clothes dryer on Blackstone Street Saturday at about 1:30 p.m.

When firefighters got to the residence the fire had already been put out. 

However, firefighters are warning residents that their dryer vent hose needs to be checked and cleaned out regularly.

Sutton firefighters said when the hose gets clogged with lint the dryer will work less efficiently and become a fire hazard.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

State Police Overtime Scandal

More State Police Overtime Investigation

Trending Stories

Toys for Tots

More Toys for Tots