ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – A missing 3-year-old boy was found by an officer in a pond a block away from his home and was pronounced dead in the hospital shortly after.
The St. Petersburg Police Department responded to a home at Lakewood Estates around 11:30 a.m. Sunday for the missing boy.
An officer found Malik Brown in a pond on Alcazar Way South around 11:40 a.m., about a block and a half away from his home.
The child was transported to the hospital but was later pronounced dead.
- Star lights recalled due to fire, shock hazards
- Endangered Brazilian monkeys get a bridge to themselves
- Utility company gives safety tips when around downed power lines, wires
- Longmeadow declares state of emergency to help with storm cleanup efforts
- Local breweries team up to join national “Black is Beautiful” campaign