(WWLP) – New Year’s Eve is not an official government holiday, and as such, many services remain available on December 31. But in order to allow workers time to spend with families and loved ones as they ring-in the new year, many establishments shut down early. Here is a look at what is open, and what is closed, on New Year’s Eve.
- Banks: Most open, but some closing early- check with your bank for specific hours
- Federal Offices: Open
- Malls: Open, but closing early (see below for specific hours)
- Municipal Offices: Open, but many closing early, check with your individual city/town offices for closing times
- Post Office: Open, mail delivery as scheduled
- Public Transit: See below for schedule changes
- Registry of Motor Vehicles: Open
- Restaurants: Open
- Retail Stores: Open, but some closing early
- Schools: Closed
- State Offices: Open
- Stock Market: Open
- Supermarkets: Open, but some closing early
Shopping mall closing times (individual store, restaurant, and cinema hours may vary):
- Berkshire Mall: Closing at 6:00 P.M.
- Eastfield Mall: Closing at 6:00 P.M.
- Enfield Square Mall: Closing at 6:00 P.M.
- Hampshire Mall: Closing at 5:00 P.M.
- Holyoke Mall at Ingleside: Closing at 5:00 P.M.
- Lee Premium Outlets: Closing at 6:00 P.M.
- The Shoppes at Buckland Hills: Closing at 6:00 P.M.
- Thornes Marketplace: Closing at 6:00 P.M.
- BRTA: Service operating normally
- FRTA: Bus schedule running as normal
- PVTA: Service ending early- Click here for route details.