NORTHAMPTON, Mass. (WWLP) – Northampton officers were called to a report of a stolen car in the area of Harrison Avenue Saturday afternoon.
Officers quickly found the suspect driving the stolen vehicle traveling southbound on King Street at around at 4:16 p.m. According to police when they attempted to stop the vehicle, the driver did not stop and began to speed away.
Police found the car crashed into a retaining wall at the intersection of Hawley Street and Holyoke Street. Officers say the suspect, a man from Chicopee, took off running from the crash site but were able to locate him and arrest him.
The suspect is being charged with the following offenses:
- Receiving Stolen Motor Vehicle
- Receiving Stolen Property
- Forgery of Check
- Operating with a Suspended License
- Failure to Stop for Police
- Reckless Operation of a Motor Vehicle
- Leaving the Scene of Property Damage