TAMPA (CNN/WFLA) — Publix is donating $250,000 to Hurricane Dorian relief efforts in the Bahamas.
Based in Florida, Publix likely knows how difficult it can be to recover from hurricanes.
Dorian devastated Grand Bahama and its surrounding islands as a Category 5 storm earlier this week. At one point, it stalled for about 15 hours and pummeled the area nonstop with wind and rain.
- Local community pays tribute to Uvalde shooting victims
- Northampton School Committee holds meeting to end mask mandate
- Lucio Perez immigration case reopened before Hartford immigration court
- Water safety tips to remember when boating
- Biden to visit Texas elementary school in wake of shooting as Congress mulls gun control