SHEFFIELD, M.A. (NEWS10) – The community held a mass and potluck dinner at the Old Parish Church in Sheffield. People of all faiths came together to pray and remember friends and neighbors who lost their lives this week.
On Sunday, the town learned that 24-year-old, Samya Stumo, was killed in an Ethiopian plane crash. She was on way to Uganda to help a global public health organization.
And on Wednesday, another tragedy hit Sheffield. A young family of five was found dead inside their burning home. Authorities now calling it an apparent murder-suicide.
“The best thing to do is to not isolate yourself and stew on this horrific news,” said Reverend Erik Karas, pastor of Christ Trinity Church. “But instead, find those people that care for you and you care about, and share your feelings and process those things together.”
At the event, members of the American Red Cross were on hand, as well as therapy dogs to help provide comfort to those who are grieving.
- Town of Sheffield begins healing after murder-suicide with community prayer, dinner
- Town of Sheffield ‘heartbroken’ after murder-suicide
- Berkshire DA: Husband killed wife, 3 kids, himself in Sheffield house fire
- “Complicated investigation” following deaths of five people in burning Sheffield home
- 5 people dead after “incident that involved home fire” in Sheffield