Identity theft can happen to anyone at any time.
And several communities are providing a safe place to shred your important documents Saturday.
Wilbraham is one of four Western Massachusetts communities holding a free document shredding event to help you safely get rid of unwanted mail and personal documents.
The American Insitute for Cancer Research and Proshred Security Springfield are hosting the first ever Shred Cancer event Saturday in Wilbraham.
The American Institute for Cancer Research, LiveStrong at the YMCA, and ProShred Security Springfield are jointly running today’s “Shred Cancer” event at the Wilbraham Senior Center.
The Shred Cancer event will run from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at 45 Post Office Park in Wilbraham.
All community members are invited to bring their personal documents to be securely shredded.
People also can donate used-clothing.
Individuals are asked to bring a maximum of five boxes of paper documents, which will be shredded by Proshred Security’s on site- shredding trucks.
This event is free and all the money donated will go directly towards funding the American Institute for Cancer Research.
The following shredding events are also being held Saturday:
- Greenfield Community Shredding Event – 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. at the Guiding Star Grange, 401 Chapman St. Greenfield
- Freedom Credit Shredding Events – held at the following Freedom Credit branches:
- 645 Center St., Ludlow from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- 1976 Main St., Springfield from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- 959 Springfield St., Feeding Hills from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.