Smoking materials found to be cause of bedroom fire in Holyoke

News
holyoke fire dptmnt concerns_620016

HOLYOKE, Mass. (WWLP) – The improper disposal of smoking materials caused an apartment fire in Holyoke Sunday night. 

According to Holyoke Fire Captain Kevin Cavagnac, firefighters were called to 175 Pearl Street at approximately 9:45 p.m. for a report of a fire in an upstairs bedroom. 

Cavagnac said when firefighters got to the home they could see flames coming from the bedroom window, but were able to put out the fire quickly.

Three people were home when the fire began. Fortunately, no one was injured and the house had minimal damage, so the residents were able to return to their home. 

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Only on WWLP.com | Digital First

More Digital First

State Police Overtime Scandal

More State Police Overtime Investigation

Trending Stories

Donate Today