Springfield firefighters put out gazebo fire


Springfield firefighters put out a gazebo fire Sunday morning.

According to Springfield Fire Spokesperson Dennis Leger, firefighters were called to 5 Newhall Street at 9:22 a.m. to find a large gazebo on fire. 

Leger said the detached gazebo damaged the siding of the house due to heat exposure and caused $40,000 in damage. 

No injuries were reported, and the cause of the fire was found to be an unattended candle.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Only on WWLP.com | Digital First

More Digital First

Trending Stories

Donate Today