Springfield firefighters put out gazebo fire

News

Springfield firefighters put out a gazebo fire Sunday morning.

According to Springfield Fire Spokesperson Dennis Leger, firefighters were called to 5 Newhall Street at 9:22 a.m. to find a large gazebo on fire. 

Leger said the detached gazebo damaged the siding of the house due to heat exposure and caused $40,000 in damage. 

No injuries were reported, and the cause of the fire was found to be an unattended candle.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

State Police Overtime Scandal

More State Police Overtime Investigation

Cooling Centers

More cooling centers