BOSTON (WWLP) – A bill being considered by the Joint Committee on Telecommunications, Utilities, and Energy this week would make miniature liquor bottles redeemable for 5 cents.
Hearing // Recycling, Nuclear Power, & Miscellaneous Hearing January 22, 2020, 11 a.m. at the Boston State House.
Under the bill, anything 100ml or less would be added to the state’s 5-cent deposit container law.
Supporters of the proposal say the change will hopefully encourage people to pick up discarded nips.
- Hundreds of nip bottles found along western Massachusetts roads
- Empty nip bottles littering Massachusetts streets
- Proposed bill would allow a 5-cent deposit on nip bottles
- Photos: April’s pink supermoon 2020
- Northampton issues order regulating supermarkets, grocery stores to lessen COVID-19 spread
- Ocean State Job Lot offering customers free fabric for face masks
- Local stores providing buckets for used gloves, masks disposal to stop littering
- Boston Pride cancels 2020 events due to coronavirus outbreak