BOSTON (WWLP) – A bill being considered by the Joint Committee on Telecommunications, Utilities, and Energy this week would make miniature liquor bottles redeemable for 5 cents.
Hearing // Recycling, Nuclear Power, & Miscellaneous Hearing January 22, 2020, 11 a.m. at the Boston State House.
Under the bill, anything 100ml or less would be added to the state’s 5-cent deposit container law.
Supporters of the proposal say the change will hopefully encourage people to pick up discarded nips.
- Hundreds of nip bottles found along western Massachusetts roads
- Empty nip bottles littering Massachusetts streets
- Proposed bill would allow a 5-cent deposit on nip bottles
- Norman Rockwell Museum welcoming back guest July 12
- Greenfield parking rules to be suspended next week
- 6 Bricks granted provision license for Springfield’s first retail pot shop
- Multiple departments called to hazmat incident involving pool chemical at Agawam home
- Trooper fired, 5 face termination, 15 others to pay back money in State Police overtime scandal