BOSTON (WWLP) – A bill being considered by the Joint Committee on Telecommunications, Utilities, and Energy this week would make miniature liquor bottles redeemable for 5 cents.
Hearing // Recycling, Nuclear Power, & Miscellaneous Hearing January 22, 2020, 11 a.m. at the Boston State House.
Under the bill, anything 100ml or less would be added to the state’s 5-cent deposit container law.
Supporters of the proposal say the change will hopefully encourage people to pick up discarded nips.
- Hundreds of nip bottles found along western Massachusetts roads
- Empty nip bottles littering Massachusetts streets
- Proposed bill would allow a 5-cent deposit on nip bottles
- Expect new traffic pattern off of Park Street in Easthampton due to school construction
- Early voting begins in Massachusetts
- Mooney, Gibbs lead Notre Dame to 87-71 win over Miami
- Overwatch postpones Seoul esports matches due to virus
- Colombians grapple with a big problem: wandering hippos