BOSTON (WWLP) – Governor Charlie Baker held a news conference Saturday afternoon to provide the public with an update on Hurricane Henri, which is expected to impact our weather in Massachusetts on Sunday into Monday.
Gov. Baker said Saturday that even though Massachusetts should “avoid the direct hit” from Hurricane Henri that was projected earlier in the week, residents still need to be prepared for strong winds, flooding, and extended power outages.
Gov. Baker stood by his prediction from Friday that between 100,000 to 300,000 customers could lose power as a result of the storm.
Regardless of wherever you live, even if you don’t normally lose power in a storm, you should be prepared to deal with the possibility that you could lose power in some areas, for possibly an extended period of time.Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker
On Friday, the Governor had urged residents to stay off the roads, and he echoed that message again Saturday afternoon. But he said if people do need to go out, they should do so safely.
You can watch the full news conference below: