BOSTON (WWLP) - Republican Charlie Baker was re-elected to a second term as Massachusetts governor, defeating Democrat Jay Gonzalez.
There was so much energy in the room as supports awaited a speech from Gov. Baker himself.
Gov. Baker will serve as the Governor of Massachusetts for the next four years after beating Gonzalez.
Baker was first elected as governor in 2014. Gonzalez previously served as secretary of administration and finance in the Deval Patrick administration.
Candidates for governor and lieutenant governor run as a ticket in Massachusetts, rather than being elected separately. Incumbent Lieutenant Governor Karyn Polito is the Republican candidate, while Quentin Palfrey is Gonzalez' running mate on the Democratic side.
Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- East Longmeadow Police seeking identity of man in video
- Local high school seniors take part in all-star basketball game
- Glow in the Dark Charity Boot Camp raises money for the Herren Project
- Hotel, indoor skydiving coming to downtown Springfield
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- High schools and colleges seeing an increase in e-sport clubs
- Mueller concludes Russia-Trump probe with no new indictments
- Jimmy Carter's new milestone: Longest-lived US president
- Parkland school shooting survivor takes her own life