This marks the first time the NFL has had to cancel an event on its calendar because of the pandemic.
The HOF game was scheduled to be played Canton, Ohio, on Aug. 6.
The annual HOF enshrinement ceremony has been postponed.
The HOF kicks off the NFL season as being the first preseason game of the year.
- BREAKING: Ex-Chihuahua governor wanted on corruption charges arrested in Florida
- Country band Lady A sues singer with same name
- Group used fake businesses, prisoners’ IDs to steal $1.1M in unemployment benefits, California officials say
- Ohio police department asks public not to overwhelm dispatch with mask complaints
- ‘Glee’ star Naya Rivera missing, presumed dead after 4-year-old son found adrift on boat in Lake Piru