TAMPA (WFLA) — The Tampa Police Department had fun mocking a banana ‘art piece’ that sold for over $100,000 in Miami last week with a display of their own.
“Tampa’s finest piece of art work is on display at Tampa Police Department,” they posted to their Facebook page. “The city’s most elite artist, Chief Brian Dugan, called this a ‘one of a kind’ piece.”
The asking price starts at $200,000.
The department is having a go at the banana duct taped to a wall ‘art work’ having sold for $120K at a Miami art show last week.
Maybe TPD isn’t joking. Perhaps it’s a smart move trying to capitalize on the taped food trend.
If the doughnut is purchased anywhere near the asking price, News Channel 8 will update this story as soon as possible.
- Live coverage: House managers present case for impeaching Trump
- Hands-free Cell Phone Law goes into effect in February
- Passengers screened, state on lookout for Coronavirus
- Former KC teammates, co-workers saw spark in 49ers’ female coach Katie Sowers, who’s making history
- Kansas teen’s cancer battle honored by Patrick Mahones during AFC Championship