(WWLP) – Greasy pizza boxes, paper egg cartons, and plastic bags: These are all things that do not go in your recycling bin!
On this Earth Day, 22News is Working For You with what you should and should not be recycling.
What can go in my recycling bin?
- aluminum foil
- aluminum trays, pie pans
- cans (food, beverage, pet food, soup)
- glass food and beverage bottles and jars
- plastic food containers (yogurt, peanut butter, margarine)
- plastic bottles and jugs smaller than 2.5 gallons (soda, water, milk, juice)
- plastic laundry, dish detergent, shampoo, body wash bottles
- milk, juice, soup, drink carton boxes
- newspapers, magazines, junk mail
- cereal boxes
- white, colored, and construction paper
- gift wrap, bags, cards, tissue paper (no foil, wire, glitter)
What can’t I recycle?
- aluminum wrapped beverage pouches
- aluminum utensils
- broken glass
- light bulbs, holiday lights
- wine corks
- medicine bottles
- plastic bags, plastic wrap
- egg cartons
- styrofoam cups/takeout containers
- meat trays
- plastic cookie trays
- cellophane food bags (candy bars, cookies, pasta, frozen food bags)
- frozen food packaging (cartons)
- plastic straws
- paper cups, plates
- paper towels/napkins
Be sure to check with your city or town’s recycling regulations, as they vary.