ORANGE BEACH, Ala. (WKRG) – Orange Beach Police confirm a shark bit a 14-year-old in the Gulf of Mexico Friday afternoon.
It happened around 1 p.m. near the Phoenix 4 condominiums. Police say the 14-year-old was old near a sand bar when it happened.
Injuries appear to be minor and non life-threatening.
Note: A previous version of this story said the person bitten was 15 years old.
- West Springfield students to begin school remotely this fall
- LGBTQ Victory Fund says sexual allegations against Alex Morse “is a disservice to voters”
- Education commissioner extends deadline for fall school plans
- Live Radar: Severe thunderstorm warning for parts of western Massachusetts
- MA police chiefs urge Gov. Baker not to sign reform bill