WINDSOR, Conn. (WTNH) — One person has died after a tractor trailer truck crash shut down part of Interstate 91 Southbound in Windsor early Tuesday morning.
Police say just before 1 a.m., emergency crews responded to Interstate 91 in Windsor between Exits 40 and 38A after two tractor trailers collided and caught fire.
According to officials, one person has died from the accident but their identity has not yet been released.
The Department of Energy and Environmental Protection’s Emergency Response Unit was on scene working with ESI to remove diesel fuel and foam used to fight the fire. There were no hazardous materials on the trucks.
The highway was shut down for several hours. Two lanes have since been reopened to traffic but part of the highway remains closed.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation.
- Utility company gives safety tips when around downed power lines, wires
- Longmeadow declares state of emergency to help with storm cleanup efforts
- Local breweries team up to join national “Black is Beautiful” campaign
- Local restaurants seeing increase in business following Tuesday’s tropical storm
- PPE donation drive to be held Saturday in West Springfield