WINDSOR, Conn. (WTNH) — One person has died after a tractor trailer truck crash shut down part of Interstate 91 Southbound in Windsor early Tuesday morning.
Police say just before 1 a.m., emergency crews responded to Interstate 91 in Windsor between Exits 40 and 38A after two tractor trailers collided and caught fire.
According to officials, one person has died from the accident but their identity has not yet been released.
The Department of Energy and Environmental Protection’s Emergency Response Unit was on scene working with ESI to remove diesel fuel and foam used to fight the fire. There were no hazardous materials on the trucks.
The highway was shut down for several hours. Two lanes have since been reopened to traffic but part of the highway remains closed.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation.
- Lottery text messages are fake, Massachusetts treasurer warns
- Dirt bike riders spotted in Springfield running red lights, weaving through traffic
- Heated debate among lawmakers over Safe Communities Act
- ‘Conrad’s Law’ to prevent texting suicide cases stalled on Beacon Hill
- Fire safety grants to benefit western Massachusetts fire departments