WEST SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – The Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) will have crews working on overnight road projects this week.
Ramps will be closed for overnight milling and paving on I-90 and I-91 in West Springfield on Monday and Tuesday. Detours will be available for drivers.
- Ramp closure on ramp from I-90 to I-91 on Monday from 7:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. the following morning. Traffic will be detoured on to Route 5 southbound, where traffic can get back on I-91 at Interchange 10.
- Ramp closure on ramp from Turnpike Connector to I-91 southbound on Tuesday from 7:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. the following morning. Traffic will be detoured to I-91 northbound to Interchange 12, where traffic can exit and re-enter I-91 southbound.
Drivers should expect delays. All work is dependent on weather conditions.
Travelers can get information on traffic conditions and road projects in the state through these sources:
- Dial 511 and select a route to hear real–time conditions.
- Visit www.mass511.com, a website which provides real-time traffic and incident advisory information and allows users to subscribe to text and email alerts for traffic conditions.
- Follow MassDOT on Twitter @MassDOT to receive regular updates on road and traffic conditions.
- Download MassDOT’s GoTime mobile app and view real-time traffic conditions before setting out on the road.