Light snow, sleet, and ice are expected to arrive in western Massachusetts Wednesday night into Thursday morning and some cities and towns have announced parking bans.
The parking bans are in effect:
- Agawam: No on-road parking from 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday until 11: 00 a.m. Thursday
- Amherst: No parking on town streets or parking lots from Wednesday at 11:59 p.m. until Thursday at 7 a.m. Overnight parking is allowed in the lower level of the parking garage, the town portion of the Pray St. lot, and the Northern row of the North Pleasant St. lot.
- Chicopee: No parking on main roads and even-numbered side of secondary roads from 5 p.m. Wednesday until 5 p.m. Thursday
- Easthampton: No on-street parking from Wednesday at 10:00 p.m. until Thursday at 8:00 a.m.
- Granby: No on-street parking from Wednesday at 4:00 p.m. until Thursday at 4:00 p.m.
- Holyoke: Reverse parking ban from Wednesday at 7:00 p.m. until further notice. No parking on the EVEN side of any street.
- Longmeadow: No parking on any streets from Wednesday at 5:00 p.m. until Thursday at 7:00 a.m.
- Ludlow: No on-street parking from 7 p.m. Wednesday until 7 p.m. Thursday.
- Northampton: No parking on city streets and city parking lots from 12:01 a.m. Thursday until 6 a.m. Thursday, except Main Street. On Main St., a parking ban will go in effect from 2 a.m. Thursday, until 7 a.m. Thursday.
- Springfield: No parking on the even side of the street from 7:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. on Wednesday and no parking on the odd side of the street from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Thursday.