(WWLP) – Streets in several western Massachusetts communities have been closed, due to tree damage from a powerful storm that came through the region overnight.
Here is a listing of street closures by city/town:
- Amherst Street closed at “Five Corners”
- Kendall Street closed in the area of 109 Kendall
- Southbound on Rt. 21 (Center St.) open, but drivers urged to take caution near intersection of Bondsville Rd.
- Arthur Street closed
- Intersection of Munn and East Hill Road is closed
- Top of Hovey Road is closed
- Maple Street at the railroad crossing is closed
- Area of 69 Ayers Road is closed
- Area of 59 Bradway Road is closed
- Area of 83 Silver Street is closed
- Smith Street closed
- South Branch Parkway closed at Rock Hill Lane
- Louis Road closed
- Wales Road is blocked in the area of #50 due to downed trees and wires
- North Wales Road is blocked near the Wales town line
- Old County Road in the area of 122 isn’t blocked by a tree on wires but police don’t recommend passing under it.
- Mountain Road between Chapel Street and Poplar Street is closed.
- North Washington Street between Cedar Glen and Canal Drive is closed due to downed trees and power lines.