HOLYOKE, Mass. (WWLP) – A tractor-trailer hauling propane rolled over from Cherry Street onto the I-91 North entrance ramp near exit 16 on Monday morning.
All lanes on I-91 have since reopened after being closed while crews worked to remove the truck. The on and off-ramps to I-91 by Cherry street in Holyoke are still closed according to Massachusetts State Police.
Holyoke Fire Department Captain Kevin Cavagnac told 22News the driver was alone and not injured. Cavagnac confirms the tank is not leaking.
For safety precautions, state police said surrounding houses are now being evacuated as crews prep to flip the truck over. Massachusetts Hazmat team is currently working to clear the area. Two cranes from a local towing company have arrived to the right of the tanker. A second truck showed up around 2:30 p.m. to siphon the fuel.
Cavagnac said Cherry Street is closed between Hillside and the Soldier’s Home.
SOCIAL MEDIA: I-91 in Holyoke
- More detained migrant women say they didn’t OK surgeries
- Couple wedded in Nebraska celebrates 85 years of marriage
- Louisiana man who was wrongfully incarcerated becomes ‘America’s Got Talent’ finalist
- Sports photographer’s Big Ten Zoom spoof goes viral
- At town hall, Biden blasts Trump’s ‘criminal’ virus response