BOSTON (AP) — A judge has set a February trial date for a mother accused of helping dispose of her 2-year-old daughter’s body after her boyfriend allegedly killed the girl.
Rachelle Bond is scheduled to go on trial on February 22nd in Suffolk Superior Court. Bond is charged as an accessory after the fact in the 2015 killing of her daughter, Bella Bond.
The girl was known only as Baby Doe after her body washed up on a Boston Harbor island. A composite image of the girl was shared by millions on social media before she was finally identified.
Authorities say Bond’s boyfriend, Michael McCarthy, killed the girl. Both have pleaded not guilty. McCarthy faces a separate trial.
Related Baby Doe Coverage:
- Police mark anniversary of Bella Bond discovery at harbor
- Man charged in Baby Doe’s death pleads not guilty to murder
- Not guilty plea for mom of “Baby Doe” Bella Bond
- Mother, boyfriend indicted in death of Bella Bond
- Father of girl known as “Baby Doe” arrested for larceny
- Private funeral held for 2-year-old Bella Bond
- Report: Child protection agency fell short in Baby Doe case
___Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.