Two people without a home after house fire in Springfield

News

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) — Two people are staying with family after a house fire on Commonwealth Avenue late Monday night.

Springfield Fire Captain Brian Tetrault told 22News, the fire department was called to a house fire at 307 Commonwealth Avenue around 11:55 PM on Monday.

When firefighters got there, they found a bedroom that was on fire on the second floor.

Our 22News crew saw firefighters throwing insulation out of a second-story window when we got there.

They managed to put out the fire quickly.

The city’s Arson & Bomb Squad determined that the fire started from an electrical malfunction.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

State Police Overtime Scandal

More State Police Overtime Investigation
LIVE NOW /
Watch 22News at Noon

Trending Stories