CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP)- The United States Postal Service is temporarily increasing prices for shipping packages this holiday season.
This year is no exception for online gift shopping as events and holiday celebrations will most likely continue to be remote, online or postponed. Pricing will be going up temporarily to keep up with the busy season. Temporary pricing increases for Priority Mail, Priority Mail Express, Parcel Select Ground and USPS Retail Ground are as follows:
- Priority Mail Express, Priority Mail, Flat Rate Boxes and Envelopes – $0.75
- First-Class Package Service – Retail – $0.30
- Zones 1-4, 0-10 lbs. – $0.25
- Zones 5-9, 0-10 lbs. – $0.75
- Zones 1-4, 11-20 lbs. – $1.50
- Zones 5-9, 11-20lbs. – $3.00
- Zones 1-4, 21-70 lbs. – $2.50
- Zones 5-9, 21-70 lbs. – $5.00
A zone pricing calculator is can be found online.
Holiday Shipping Deadlines
The Postal Service recommends the following mailing and shipping deadlines for expected delivery by December 25:
- December 15: USPS Retail Ground service
- December 18: First-Class Mail service (including greeting cards)
- December 18: First-class packages (up to 15.99 ounces)
- December 20: Priority Mail service
- December 23: Priority Mail Express service
The cost of First-Class Forever stamp increased three cents, from 55 cents to 58 cents on August 29.