Mobile Ala. (WKRG) — A utility worker heading home after helping to restore power on the Gulf Coast was killed Wednesday in a crash in Mississippi.
The crash happened on Highway 45 in Macon, MS. The utility worker was driving in a convoy of power trucks when he struck an 18-wheeler, according to Assistant Police Chief Douglas Triplett.
Noxubee County Coroner R.L. Calhoun confirms to WKRG News 5 the man killed has been identified as 37-year-old, Darrell Holt, from Excelsior Springs, Missouri. WKRG has learned he worked for R&M Pole Line Construction.
Holt’s family has started a fund to raise money for his funeral. If you would like to donate, click here.
- Here’s what 2020 did to the list of most popular baby names
- Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett was trustee at private school with anti-gay policies
- Tax records show Trump has bank account in China, tried to land projects there, report says
- New England Patriots hosting voter education event in Springfield
- TINY TWINS: Baton Rouge parents welcome second set of identical twins, “This only happens every 15 years”