CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP)– The Massachusetts Gaming Commission (MGC) will hold a public meeting today at 10 a.m. at the MGC offices in Boston.
There are multiple items on the agenda including the license renewal process for Plainridge Park Casino and an update on the search for a new Executive Director.
22News will be LIVE streaming the meeting on WWLP.com
WHO: Members of the Massachusetts Gaming Commission including Chair Cathy Judd-Stein and Commissioners Gayle Cameron, Eileen O’Brien, Bruce Stebbins, and Enrique Zuniga
WHAT: The Massachusetts Gaming Commission will hold public meeting #287 on Thursday, January 23, 2020.
The meeting will begin with an approval of minutes, followed by an administrative update from Interim Executive Director Karen Wells.
The Commission will then discuss a Region C-related draft Request for Information and a draft Request for Public Comment. A vote on this matter is anticipated.
Director Wells, Commissioner Zuniga and Commissioner O’Brien will then lead a discussion on the License Renewal Process for Plainridge Park Casino. A vote on next steps for this matter is anticipated.
Dr. Alex Lightbown, the MGC’s Racing Division Director, and Chief Financial Analyst Chad Bourque will request that the Commission vote on the following:
- Plainridge Park Casino – Request for Promotional Fund Consideration – VOTE
- Plainridge Park Casino – Request for Capital Improvement Fund Reimbursement – VOTE
- Quarterly Local Aid Payments – VOTE
- 2018 Suffolk Downs Unpaid Winnings – VOTE
- 2018 Wonderland Park Unpaid Winnings – VOTE
- 2018 Plainridge Racecourse Unpaid Winnings – VOTE
- 2018 Raynham Park Unpaid Winnings – VOTE
During a discussion on other commission matters, the Commission will provide an update on the search for a new Executive Director, and will discuss and vote on compensation for the Interim Executive Director.
- Lawmakers push federal bill that would fight rise in maternal mortality
- Leap Year birthdays are getting ready to celebrate
- Trump Administration touts policies helping African American-owned businesses
- 22News Notebook for Feb. 29th-March 2nd
- Italian restaurant Costa opens inside MGM Springfield