WRENTHAM, Mass. (AP) — Fire officials say an explosion at a Massachusetts restaurant has severely burned an employee.

Crews were called to the Uno Pizzeria & Grill restaurant at the Wrentham Village Premium Outlets at around 1 p.m. Sunday.

Authorities say an aerosol spray can blew up after it fell onto the conveyor belt of the restaurant’s pizza oven. The explosion blew out the doors of the oven.

Police say the building was evacuated because of the smell of smoke. An employee was discovered with burns to his head and upper chest area.

He was taken to Rhode Island Hospital with first and second-degree burns.

Fire officials say the restaurant was allowed to reopen with limited food service.

Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.