Child scalded after garden hose left in direct sunlight

World
hose_1528159885728_44476222_ver1.0_640_360_1528203392724_44519414_ver1.0_640_360_1528217824537.jpg

LAS VEGAS (WFLA) – A child in Las Vegas was scalded after being sprayed by a garden hose that had been left in direct sunlight.

“Here in Las Vegas, a garden hose exposed to direct sunlight during summer can heat the water inside the hose (not flowing) to 130-140 degrees,” Las Vegas Fire & Rescue said on Twitter.

The Las Vegas agency recommended letting the water flow a few minutes to cool before spraying on people on animals.

With the summer months quickly upon us, it’s good advice to remember here.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Local Weather Maps

7 Day Forecast

7 Day Forecast

7 Day Forecast

Daycast

Daycast

Northeast Temperatures

Northeast Temperatures

Temperatures

Temperatures

Dew Points

Dew Points

Wind Speeds

Wind Speeds

Wind Gusts

Wind Gusts

Heat Index

Heat Index

Local Radar

Trending Stories

22News Storm Team

Weather Tweets

Love Your Pet

More Love Your Pet