A woman in Roanoke, Virginia developed a meat allergy after being bitten by a tick in 2015.
“Two hours after I had a hamburger I started breaking out in hives,” said Linda Wilson.
Dr. Saju Eapen, who specializes in asthma and allergies, said the symptoms are varied.
“People are bitten all the time. They can get many different problems with tick bites, like lime disease, or develop an allergy to red meats. You can get simple symptoms, such as hives and itching, but it can also lead to severe allergies and even death,” said Eapen.
Read more: http://bit.ly/2JObxC9