You still have time to surprise your loved one with flowers for Valentine’s Day!
Florists at Randall’s Farm in Ludlow are working until 8:00 p.m. to fulfill customers’ orders.
Owner Karen Randall said Valentine’s Day is a last minute holiday, so they are prepared for a busy day. 22News spoke with one man who bought some gifts for his Valentine.
“I just came to pick up a few things to make dinner tonight and grab some flowers for my girlfriend,” Edward Breton said. “She’ll be happy. She loves flowers.”
Karen told 22News she expects an early evening rush once people get out of work. It’s as easy as grab and go.
WEB EXTRA: Rose color meanings
While red roses are the most popular choice for Valentine’s Day, other colors like pink and white represent different emotions.
- Red– Strong feelings for love and romance. Time honored way to say “I love you.”
- Orange– Excitement, desire, enthusiasm, and passion
- Yellow– Wellness, friendship, joy and caring
- White– Purity, innocence, secrecy, and young love
- Purple– Enchantment, love at first sight, calm, and serenity
- Pink– Gratitude, admiration, grace, and elegance
- Green– Earthy, calmness, and good luck
WEB EXTRA: How to keep your flowers alive
Florists at Randall’s Farm suggest the following tips:
- Keep flowers away from heat
- Recut stems
- Change out water daily
Let’s see your Valentine’s Day flowers! Comment on our Facebook post: