BOSTON (WWLP) – A once in a lifetime opportunity was given to the East Longmeadow High School chorus Thursday afternoon.
They were chosen to sing the National Anthem at Fenway Park. East Longmeadow Music Director Carol Forward made a video available to 22News.
The chorus is comprised of 42 girls and 14 boys. She said they were thrilled to learn the Red Sox management had approved their request to sing the National Anthem at Fenway Park. She had sent them an audition tape last April.
The team got back to her two-months-ago with an invitation for the East Longmeadow students to sing the National Anthem before the Red Sox took the field to play the San Francisco Giants.
The Red Sox beat the Giants 5 – 4 in Thursday’s game.
- Turkey among holiday foods that could be harmful to your pets
- Officials: Cooking mishap likely caused Thanksgiving Day fire in New Bedford
- Six Flags New England launches Holiday in the Park display
- Drive-thru at Bright Nights on Thanksgiving night
- Families begin decorating homes as Christmas approaches