GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP) – Markell Johnson hit a running shot from near halfcourt at the buzzer to help North Carolina State beat UNC Greensboro 80-77 on Sunday.
Johnson’s shot came immediately after a tough tying basket from Isaiah Miller with 2.1 seconds left in what turned into a wild finish between in-state programs.
Johnson was immediately mobbed by teammates into the scorer’s table to celebrate the win, with Johnson waving his left arm amid the festive gathering.
Johnson had 19 points to lead N.C. State. Miller had 21 of his 26 points after halftime for the Spartans.
- Goodwin, Notre Dame hold off Boston College 80-70
- President-elect Biden announces picks for science team as security tightens ahead of inauguration
- Police arrest man trying to enter D.C. security checkpoint with loaded gun, fake inauguration credentials
- Teen returns home after Christmas Eve heart transplant
- Mega Millions jackpot now up to $850 million