THOMPSON, Conn. (WWLP) - The NASCAR K&N Pro Series East will make a return this weekend for the King Cadillac GMC NASCAR Throwback 100 at Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park.
Harrison Burton is the defending winner of the event as he and Todd Gilliand battled for the win last year. Both drivers are not entered in the event this year.
NASCAR K&N Pro Series East teams will be doing throwback schemes this weekend. Spencer Davis is a doing tribute to his childhood hero Ted Christopher. Christopher won at Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park 99 times. His last win was last September in the Sunoco Modifieds.
Ruben Garcia, Jr will be doing a tribute to former NASCAR K&N Pro Series driver Ruben Pardo. Pardo was the first driver from Mexico to win in the series at Lime Rock Park back in 2006.
NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour driver Chase Dowling is entered in the event racing for Ted Marsh.
The NASCAR Whelen All American Series divisions will be apart of the program on Saturday along with the Lite Modifieds and the Vintage Modifieds. The racing will begin at 4:00 p.m.
McGrath looking ahead at New...
TC 13 SK Shootout to have $6,000...
- Major street flooding in Westfield caused by Tuesday's heavy rain
- Mass notifications sent out Tuesday by National Weather Service for severe weather
- Lightning strikes tree, metal fence carries charge to Wilbraham home causing fire damage
- Westover sees huge dip in attendance at 2018 air and space show
Copyright 2018 Cable News Network/Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Lab-grown meat could be in restaurants in 3 years
- Arrest brings Texas killing spree to end
- Boy left behind at summer camp suffers heat exhaustion
- Alabama man walked 20 miles to work given boss' car