(WWLP) – In wake of the tragic death of NBA legend Kobe Bryant and his daughter, officials have decided to postpone Tuesday’s game between the Los Angeles Lakers and the LA Clippers.
The game will be rescheduled at a later date.
In a tweet, the NBA said the decision was made out of respect for the Lakers organization, which is deeply grieving the tragic loss of Bryant, his daughter Gianna and seven other people in a helicopter crash on Sunday. FULL STATEMENT BELOW:
The Latest: Kobe Bryant’s death
- Memorial for Kobe Bryant placed at Basketball Hall of Fame
- More than just a sport: Kobe Bryant remembered by fans and players in the birthplace of Basketball
- Kobe Bryant, daughter among 9 people killed in California helicopter crash
- Everything we know about the 9 victims in the Kobe Bryant helicopter crash
- Kobe Bryant, 13-year-old daughter on their way to basketball game when helicopter crashed