FOXBORO, Mass. (WWLP) – The New England Patriots remain undefeated after going against the New York Giants in Foxboro Thursday night.
The Giants were without their top four offensive players, star running back Saquon Barkley, Wayne Gallman (concussion), wide receiver Sterling Shepard (concussion) and tight end Evan Engram (knee), Thursday night.
FINAL SCORE: Patriots (35) vs. Giants (14)
Both teams came off a short week of practice with only having three days in between games. The Patriots were a little banged up throughout the week, players like Julian Edelman and Josh Gordon were listed as questionable coming into Thursday night’s game. But fans said the Pats would be just fine.
“I think they sort of like it,” said Tom Hardwick. “I think they get really pumped for this sort of thing. The challenge of that quick turnaround. Where they go to do that quick bit of work they like that but then they got the sort of mini bye afterward so I think it’s good they’ll be ready to go.”
Quarterback Tom Brady set another record Thursday night. Before Thursday’s game, he was just 18 passing yards away from passing Peyton Manning for 2nd on the NFL all-time passing yards list.
- Undefeated Patriots set to host injury-riddled Giants
- NFL At 100: Giants deny Patriots perfect season in 2008 Super Bowl
- Patriots release TE Ben Watson as focus shifts to Giants
- Lawmakers: Gun control, USMCA have taken back seat to impeachment inquiry
- 2 students charged with racial slur at UConn
- Holyoke Public Schools receives hundreds of books from Grinspoon Foundation
- Lawmakers propose standardize vaccinations for Massachusetts children
- Warwick Community School students relocate to Pioneer Valley Regional School after storm