The Springfield Thunderbirds will welcome Baseball Hall of Fame and former Boston Red Sox pitcher Pedro Martinez April 13.
According to a news release sent to 22News, Martinez will be at the MassMutual Center on April 13 as the Thunderbirds take on the Providence Bruins.
Martinez’s visit will celebrate the 15-year anniversary of the Red Sox winning the 2004 World Series which made headlines around the world when the team broke the “curse of the Bambino” after 86 years.
Martinez’s appearance in Springfield will be celebrated with Red Sox inspired sweaters auctioned after the game, where fans will have the opportunity to take home one-of-a-kind Thunderbirds memorabilia.
Fans can buy a Pedro VIP Pack for $145 which includes:
- One ticket to the April 13 game Pedro Martinez will be attending
- Access to premium VIP area featuring photo with Martinez
- Commemorative Pedro Martinez night puck
- Cash bar and hors-d’ouvres
- 8×10 glossy photo
- Ability to purchase tickets for Martinez game before public sale
Single tickets for the game can be bought starting at $20 on the Thunderbirds website.