LOS ANGELES (KRON) – Tributes continue to pour in from around the world to honor the late, great Kobe Bryant, who was killed in a helicopter crash along with 8 other people Sunday.
Among the tributes – a heartwrenching rendition of “Amor Eterno” put on by a mariachi band outside the Staples Center.
The 1984 farewell ballad by Juan Gabriel is commonly played at funerals, memorials, and vigils.
“How I wish that you lived, that your little eyes never had closed, and to be looking at them… Love eternal and unforgettable, sooner or later I will be with you, to continue loving each other,” the lyrics translate to English.
Fans were so moved by the performance that soon afterward #AmorEterno started trending on Twitter.
- Fort Pleasant Avenue undergoing scheduled construction
- NC State looks to ‘regroup’ after loss to Virginia Tech, Doeren says
- Pregnant woman struck, killed by gunfire during argument with boyfriend, police say
- NFL legend Joe Montana stops home intruder who tried to kidnap his grandchild
- Report: Trump paid $750 in federal income taxes in 2016, 2017