The UMass Minutemen are ready to play football!
22News caught the team preparing for their first game of the season against Duquesne University this Saturday.
When the team isn’t practicing, they’re inside the football performance center studying, watching videos of the competition or working out.
“One week of preparation can’t prepare you for the rest of the season,” running back Marquis Young explained. “It’s going to take a lot of work. Through in and out of the season, every day, going to the board, knowing and fixing your mistakes.”
The Minutemen practice three hours a day for five to six days per week starting three weeks before their first game. three weeks before their first big game, between 5 to 6 days a week, for about three hours each day. They play 12 games this season.
The UMass Minutemen’s last game will be against the University of Georgia Bulldogs on November 17.
2018 UMass home football games:
- Sat., Aug. 25 vs. Duquesne; kickoff at 5:30 p.m. (Youth Day)
- Sat., Sept. 22 vs. Charlotte; kickoff at 3:30 p.m. (Faculty and Staff Appreciate Day)
- Sat., Oct. 6 vs. USF; kickoff at 3:30 p.m. (Hall of Fame/Breast Cancer Awareness Day)
- Sat., Oct. 20 vs. Coastal Carolina; kickoff at 3:30 p.m. (Family Weekend/Hometown Heroes Game)
- Sat., Nov. 3 vs. Liberty; kickoff at 3:30 p.m. (Homecoming)
- Sat., Nov. 10 vs. BUY at Gillette Stadium; kickoff TBA (Band Day/Military Appreciation Day)
2018 UMass away football games:
- Sat., Sep. 1 vs. Boston College; kickoff at 1 p.m.
- Sat., Sep. 8 vs. Georgia Southern; kickoff at 6 p.m.
- Sat., Sep. 15 vs. FIU; kickoff TBA
- Sat., Sep. 29 vs. Ohio University; kickoff TBA
- Sat., Oct. 27 vs. UConn; kickoff TBA
- Sat., Nov. 17 vs. Georgia University; kickoff TBA
Ticket prices for home games are as follows:
At McGuirk Alumni Stadium
- $25 – General Public
- $20 – Faculty, Staff, Youth
- $12 – Groups of 10-74 Persons
- $10 – Groups of 75 Persons
At Gillette Stadium
- $60 – Putnam Club
- $30 – Lower Level
- $25 – Groups of 10-24 Persons
- $15 – Groups of 25-74 Persons
- $12 – Groups of 75 or More Persons
Tickets can be bought online or at the stadium.
UMass undergraduate students just need to show their ID to get into the stadium on the day of the game.