TALLAHASSEE, Flaa. (AP) – Jordan Travis ran for two touchdowns and threw a scoring pass to help Florida State build a big first-half lead, and the Seminoles held off No. 5 UNC-Chapel Hill 31-28 on Saturday night.
Travis guided an offensive that generated 434 yards for Florida State, but was shut out in the second half.
UNC quarterback Sam Howell led three second-half touchdown drives to pull to 31-28, but the Tar Heels had drops on third and fourth down in the final seconds to end the comeback bid.
The Seminoles gave coach Mike Norvell a signature victory in his first season in Tallahassee following a shaky start that included a blowout loss at Miami.
- Holland awarded funds to repair water runoff that affects Hamilton Reservoir
- State Police looking for father who didn’t return 11-year-old son home in Salem
- Budget’s very late but Spilka sees “wisdom in waiting”
- Door security camera captures mountain lion roaming California neighborhood
- California officer’s bodycam video shows harrowing rescue of woman from burning car