CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (AP) – Brennan Armstrong and Lavel Davis Jr. teamed up on a pair of early fourth-quarter touchdown passes and Virginia rallied past Duke, 38-20.
Armstrong hit Davis, a freshman, on an 18-yard fade route in the left corner of the end zone to give the Cavaliers (1-0, 1-0 Atlantic Coast Conference) a 24-20 lead.
After Joey Blount’s interception, he hit him for 26 yards, with Davis pulling away from two Duke defenders about eight yards from the end zone and powering his way in.
The Blue Devils turned the ball over seven times. It’s their worst start since the 2010 team lost its first six games.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.)
- Funds awarded to convert elementary school to affordable housing apartments in Springfield
- Springfield small business owners impacted by coronavirus pandemic qualify for state grant
- Wilbraham Police looking to identify individuals who burned political signs
- Body of missing hip-hop artist found in car trunk after crash in Florida
- 15 Holyoke Medical Center staff members tested positive for COVID-19