(WWLP) – Too much dry air and not enough lift has prevented severe weather
A Severe Thunderstorm Watch has now been cancelled.
- Until 8PM: Isolated Shower or Storm
- 8PM-10PM: Showers drying up.
Uncertainty & Storm Coverage:
- As is often the case with severe weather potential here in western Massachusetts, there are some limiting atmospheric factors including a lot of dry air. That has kept much of the severe weather risk from developing this afternoon.
- Storm coverage will be isolated so many of us won’t get storms today
- During any thunderstorm, inside a sturdy building away from windows is the safest place to be
- If you encounter a flooded street “turn around, don’t drown”
The Path to Preparedness:
The 22News Storm Team hosted a live severe weather special online only at WWLP.com.
- Western Mass. Weather Alerts
- Closings & Delays
- Interactive Radar
- Flight Tracker
- Live Traffic Map
- Weather App