(WWLP) – A wintry mix of snow, sleet and freezing rain will change to mostly rain by late afternoon.
There’s some concern for light icing in our highest western hills where Winter Weather Advisories have been issued.
Winter Weather Advisory Until – 5:00 p.m.:
Western Hampden, Western Hampshire, and Western Franklin Counties.
Some light icing possible, especially in areas over 1,000 feet in elevation. A light accumulation of snow expected too.
We’re not expecting much snow with some areas not seeing any accumulation. Most should end up with a coating or less. Only extreme northwestern areas could pick up an inch or two.
Some light icing is possible in our highest western hills above 1000ft in elevation.
- Until 2PM: Light snow.
- 2 PM-5PM: Snow/Rain changes to ALL Rain
- 5PM-11PM: Steady Rain tapers to Rain Showers
- By Midnight: Dry weather followed by gradual clearing
Stay with 22News as we track this “mini-mix” moving through the area.
- How local businesses are dealing with the closure due to COVID-19
- Dallas 18-wheeler crashes, scatters toilet paper all over I-20
- Samuel L. Jackson reads ‘Stay the f— at home’ as pandemic advice
- Three dirt bikers arrested in Springfield, bikes seized
- List: Public places closed in South Hadley to help slow the spread of COVID-19