CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – Several cities and towns across western Massachusetts received flooding and storm damage after heavy rain Saturday night into Sunday morning. Here is a list of reported damages from Sunday:
- Belchertown firefighters received reports of flooding on East Street Sunday morning. When they arrived, a portion of the road was completely washed away.
- Nashes Mill Road closed due to flooding.
- Mill Valley Road from Route 9 to South Maple Street is closed due to flooding repairs
Millers Falls (Montague/Turners Falls)
- Crews working to remove layer of mud on Newton Road and Main Street after flooding
- Gulf Road and Four Mile Brook Road are closed due to flooding
- Take caution on all dirt roads in town as flowing water could have created bumps
- King Street near Summer Street is closed off as crews work to repair potholes created from heavy rain and flooding.
- A portion of Tully Road from the bottom of Creamery Hill to Tully CCC is closed.
- The Oxbox is unpassable in certain areas
- East River Street is down to one lane in the Pinecrest area
- Route 20 in Palmer is closed from Calkin Road to North Main Street due to flooding from the Quaboag River
- Rondeau Road is closed in Palmer after the road received significant damage from the storms Saturday into Sunday morning.
- Forest Park’s lower end will be closed until further notice due to flooding. Anyone entering the park for events at Barney Carriage House are asked to use the Route 5 entrance.