(WWLP) – After severe thunderstorms moved through western Massachusetts, heavy downpours and lightning continued into the evening.
The 22News Storm Team issued a Severe Weather Alert for Tuesday afternoon and early evening to give you a heads up about the storm potential. This was the top tier of our two-tiered alert system as dangerous storms are looking increasingly likely.
A Tornado Watch was in effect in Hampden, Hampshire and Franklin Counties until 9:00 p.m.
A Tornado Watch was in effect in Berkshire County until 8:00 p.m.
Afternoon & Early Evening:
- Through 7 p.m.: Widespread rain and scattered lightning
Rest of the Evening:
- Fading Showers, Gradual Clearing & Cooler Air Arrives
- Frequent Lightning
- Minor Street Flooding
Storm Preparedness & Safety
- If you hear thunder, head indoors
- If a Watch is issued for severe weather, dangerous storms could develop
- If a Warning is issued for severe weather, severe weather has developed or is imminent…head indoors immediately.
|Watch 22News Live on your Desktop, Laptop, Tablet or Smart Phone!|